Opensource is good as it gets, but with limitations and some rough edges. The Red Giant, Redhat, has a different stance on the storage platform with multiple attractive offerings along with the storage to choose from. VaporVM helps you decide which product to opt for.
Red Hat Ceph
• S3 and Swift. Enjoy seamless cloud integration with protocols used by Amazon Web Services and the OpenStack Object Storage project.
• RESTful. Manage all cluster and object storage functions programmatically.
Gain independence and speed by not having to manually provision storage.
|Red Hat Exclusive add-ons:|
• Commodity hardware. Tailor the optimal price/performance mix of standard servers and disk to each workload.
• Thin provisioning. Create sparse block images to be able to over-provision the cluster.
• Heterogeneity. Avoid having to replace older hardware as newer nodes are added.
• Erasure coding. Enjoy the value of a cost-effective data durability option.
• Client-cluster data path. Benefit from clients sharing their I/O model across the entire cluster. • Copy-on-write cloning. Instantly provision tens or hundreds of virtual machine images.
• In-memory client-side caching. Enhance client I/O using a hypervisor cache.
• Server-side journaling. Accelerate the write performance of data by serializing write
• Authentication and authorization. Integrate with Active Directory, LDAP, and KeyStone v3.
• Policies. Limit access at the pool, user, bucket, or data level.
• Encryption. Implement cluster-level, at-rest encryption.
MULTIDATACENTER SUPPORT AND DISASTER RECOVERY
• Zones and region support. Deploy the object storage topologies of Amazon Web Services S3.
• Global clusters. Create a global namespace for object users with read and write affinity to local clusters.
• Disaster recovery. Enable multisite replication for disaster recovery or archiving
With multiple products to choose from, let VaporVM assist you with your storage conundrums, with our 24x7x365 NOC management services taking care of your infrastructure as you store. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.