People face difficulty while choosing the best available option in the software-defined-storage category. They have to weigh out all the possible pros and cons of the products available. Our clients simply go around this process, VaporVM provides thorough analysis of each of the offerings offered by each company along with 24/7/365 management services of each of these products. Experts at VaporVM have provided a comparison between Redhat Ceph and Nexenta Stor, take a look below:
• Scale-out architecture. Grow a cluster from one to thousands of nodes. Say goodbye to forklift upgrades and data migration projects.
• Automatic rebalancing. Benefit from a peer-to-peer architecture that seamlessly handles failures and ensures data distribution throughout the cluster.
• Rolling software upgrades. Upgrade clusters in phases with no or minimal downtime. APIs
• S3 and Swift. Enjoy seamless cloud integration with protocols used by Amazon Web Services and the OpenStack Object Storage project.
• RESTful. Manage all cluster and object storage functions programmatically. Gain independence and speed by not having to manually provision storage. SECURITY
• Authentication and authorization. Integrate with Active Directory, LDAP, and KeyStone v3.
• Policies. Limit access at the pool, user, bucket, or data level.
• Encryption. Implement cluster-level, at-rest encryption. RELIABILITY AND AVAILABILITY
• Striping, erasure coding, or replication across nodes. Enjoy data durability, high availability, and high performance.
• Dynamic block resizing. Expand or shrink Ceph block devices with zero downtime. • Storage policies. Configure placement of data to reflect SLAs, performance requirements, and failure domains using the CRUSH algorithm. • Snapshots. Take snapshots of entire pool or individual block devices. PERFORMANCE
• Client-cluster data path. Benefit from clients sharing their I/O model across the entire cluster. • Copy-on-write cloning. Instantly provision tens or hundreds of virtual machine images.
• In-memory client-side caching. Enhance client I/O using a hypervisor cache.
• Server-side journaling. Accelerate the write performance of data by serializing writes. MULTIDATACENTER SUPPORT AND DISASTER RECOVERY
• Zones and region support. Deploy the object storage topologies of Amazon Web Services S3.
• Global clusters. Create a global namespace for object users with read and write affinity to local clusters.
• Disaster recovery. Enable multi-site replication for disaster recovery or archiving.
Don’t be confused with all the particulars of each product, let VaporVM help you with choosing what’s best for your Infrastructure. Contact us at email@example.com for further details.